Inspiration. What inspires us to do things in life? “For Speed and Custom the creation of a Johnny Cash tribute bike was quiet simple, the love of motorcycles especially Harley-Davidson and the music of an iconic performer & song writer.
The title of the bike “Get Rhythm” was an obvious choice. This great song of Johnnies describing the rhythm of the shoe shine boy betting the blues and the rhythm of the Harley V twin, perfect.
The challenge was to depict this theme respecting the memory of a man that was very understated. This was skilfully achieved from a design brief discussed with Shaw Speed and Custom Shop who interpreted the dream into a world class custom bike using Roland Sands Design components, the immense skill of Tom Fuller and the team from (Image Design Custom) who painted the tins and created the awesome artwork, and Neil Sefton (Shaw Speed and Custom Shop) who engineered and built the bike.
- Custom paint by Image Design
- 21″ PM Forged Contrast cut Domino front wheel
- PM Open belt primary
- PM Phatail swingarm
- RSD Engine covers
- Vance & Hines Competition 2-1 exhaust
- K-Tech internal throttle
- Lucas street fighter bars
- Custom round oil tank with copper lines
- PM Mid controls
- Crime scene choppers air cleaner
- RSD Vintage seat kit with custom saddle