PRESS RELEASE: MEDINA, Minn. — August 4, 2014 — As a sneak peek to its model year 2015 lineup, Indian Motorcycle®, America’s first motorcycle company, today announces its full family of stunning new Indian Motorcycle models for 2015. Sturgis Motorcycle Rally attendees are invited to experience these awe-inspiring new bikes at the company’s exhibit at 3rd & Lazelle St., or to take a demo ride at the Indian Motorcycle Demo Experience on I-90 @ Exit 30. The 2015 models will arrive at dealerships across North American throughout the fall.
2015 Indian Scout
Indian Motorcycle is proud to introduce the all-new 2015 Indian Scout™, a middle-weight cruiser with exceptional handling, spirited performance, a lightweight design and low 25.3-inch seat height that will appeal to a wide range of riders, experience levels and riding styles. With a legendary heritage of innovation, superb maneuverability and performance dating back more than 80 years, the new Scout represents the thoroughly modern rebirth of one of motorcycling’s most storied bikes. Enjoying a new bike is always an amazing experience. Motorcycle users might be interested in something like one sure insurance to help protect them should anything happen. If you’re interested in getting a new motorcycle, you might want to find out how much your motorbike is worth before buying a new one.
- It features:
- A liquid-cooled, 69 cubic inch V-twin engine offering 100 HP of performance
- A classic rigid triangle design coupled with premium monotube rear shocks that deliver exceptional handling and comfort
- A 558 pound wet weight, 61.5 inch wheelbase, 5.3 inch ground clearance and 31 degrees of lean for precise high and low speed maneuverability
- A premium, genuine tan leather solo bucket seat
- Starting MSRP: $10,999
- Availability: late 2014
2015 Indian Roadmaster
The 2015 family of Indian Motorcycles includes the all-new Indian Roadmaster, the epitome of luxury motorcycle touring. Originally manufactured from 1947-1953 and heralded as one of motorcycling’s most comfortable and durable touring bikes, the new 2015 Roadmaster reclaims that heritage with styling that is thoroughly Indian Motorcycle and an almost endless list of premium amenities for comfort, convenience and luxury.
- The proven performance and reliability of the 111 cubic inch Thunder Stroke 111 power plant
- Nearly 38 gallons of weatherproof storage including dual hard-sided saddlebags and a roomy quick-release rear trunk
- Power-adjustable Horizon Windscreen, heated grips featuring 10 temperature settings, heated seats and adjustable airflow lower fairings for all weather comfort
- High-resolution Anti-Lock Brakes, tire pressure monitoring system, keyless ignition with remote locking storage, electronic cruise control, advanced infotainment system, Bluetooth capability for hands-free multi-device connectivity
- Starting MSRP: $26,999
- Availability: September 2014
2015 Indian Chief Classic Indian Chief Vintage and Indian Chieftain in Two-Tone Paint
The 2015 lineup includes the full family of Indian Chief models offering the power, performance, ride and handling of America’s most legendary heavyweight cruisers. Powered by the acclaimed Thunder Stroke 111 engine and draped in endless chrome, they include the classic styling and head-turning looks of the Chief Classic, the vintage look and fringed leather saddle bags of the Chief Vintage, and the all-day comfort and superb handling of the Indian Chieftain. New for 2015, the iconic Indian Chief lineup features gorgeous, vintage-inspired two-tone paint schemes that set them apart from anything else on the open road.
Available color palettes include:
- The 2015 Indian Chief Classic available in Indian Motorcycle Red and Thunder Black
- The 2015 Indian Chief Vintage available in Indian Motorcycle Red and Thunder Black, Indian Motorcycle Red and Ivory Cream, and Willow Green and Ivory Cream
- The 2015 Indian Chieftain available in Indian Motorcycle Red and Thunder Black, Indian Motorcycle Red and Ivory Cream, and Springfield Blue and Ivory Cream
2015 Indian Motorcycle Apparel and Accessories
In support of our stunning new lineup of models, Indian Motorcycle is pleased to introduce a full line of all-new apparel and accessories. It includes all-new 2015 collections of classic riding gear for men and women, and casualwear for both riders and loyal fans of the Indian Motorcycle brand. And every diehard Indian Motorcycle owner will want to customize their new 2015 bike with the latest in genuine Indian accessories including; custom exhaust, backrests, highway bars and handlebars in the industry’s finest chrome, or premium top-grain leather accessories like seating and saddlebags. We hope that they will be cool and safe and get a motorbike helmet to wear too!
ABOUT INDIAN MOTORCYCLE®
Indian Motorcycle, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII), is America’s first motorcycle company. Founded in 1901, Indian Motorcycle has won the hearts of motorcyclists around the world and earned distinction as one of America’s most legendary and iconic brands through unrivaled racing dominance, engineering prowess and countless innovations and industry firsts. Today that heritage and passion is reignited under new brand stewardship. To learn more, please visit www.indianmotorcycle.com.
Polaris is a recognized leader in the powersports industry with annual 2013 sales of $3.8 billion. Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets innovative, high quality off-road vehicles, including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER® and RZR® side-by-side vehicles, snowmobiles, motorcycles and on-road electric/hybrid powered vehicles.
Polaris is among the global sales leaders for both snowmobiles and off-road vehicles and has established a presence in the heavyweight cruiser and touring motorcycle market with the Victory and Indian Motorcycle brands. Additionally, Polaris continues to invest in the global on-road small electric/hybrid powered vehicle industry with Global Electric Motorcars (GEM), Goupil Industrie SA, Aixam Mega S.A.S., and internally developed vehicles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a complete line of Polaris Engineered Parts, Accessories and Apparel, Klim branded apparel and ORV accessories under the Kolpin and Cycle Country brands.
Polaris Industries Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “PII”, and the Company is included in the S&P Mid-Cap 400 stock price index.
Information about the complete line of Polaris products, apparel and vehicle accessories are available from authorized Polaris dealers or anytime at www.polaris.com